In this policy, we use the terms “we“, “us“, and “our” (and other similar terms) to refer to Wirecard, and “you” and “your” (and other similar terms) to refer to you as the user of our services and products.
This policy is an important document. We recommend that you read it carefully and print and keep a copy for your reference. We will assume you agree to the uses of your personal information described in this policy unless you tell us otherwise.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your personal information or would like a copy of the information we hold about you, then please contact us. You can:
- Write to us at: The Data Protection Officer, Wirecard Card Solutions Limited at Grainger Chambers, 3-5 Hood Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1; or
- E-mail us at: [email protected]
If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages that you have told us you agree to receive from us, then please contact us using the details above.
The personal information that we collect from you
From the first contact we have with you through to providing you with the pay2d card and account, we collect personal information about you including:
Your name, residential address, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth and credit card details and any other information which you provide when you apply for our services and use the pay2d card;
- Details of communications with you (via email, the internet, our call centre or via third parties) when you contact us to report a problem or query;
- Your response to surveys that we ask you complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our pay2d card and account and of the fulfilment of your transaction requests;
- Information from fraud prevention and credit reference agencies or other organisations involved in the support or provision of the pay2d card and account and the associated services; and
- Information about how you use and manage your pay2d card, account and services, from the transactions we support and from the payments you make.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide the pay2d payment services to you;
- to check your identity and verify your address as required by law, and to assess your application;
- contact you about the services we are providing, for example, opening, administering and running your pay2d card and account (including using mobile phone numbers and email addresses to provide balance updates and transaction alerts in the way requested by you);
- collect our charges or costs in connection with the services as described in the Terms and Conditions;
- deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our services;
- prevent or detect fraud, record any suspicious or fraudulent behaviour or our suspicions about false or inaccurate information;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- collect our costs in connection with legal enforcement (including to agree payment arrangements with you, and to collect our fees and costs owing to us in connection with legal enforcement);
- tell you about other products and services, if you have agreed; and
- better understand the users of our services by carrying out research.
Who else may have access to your personal information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties in the following circumstances:
- Other Wirecard companies: to provide you with our services. Specifically, but without limitation, our services use and rely on the back-office processing and storage services of our German affiliate company Wirecard Technologies GmbH and its systems and servers based in Germany. Our services are managed by Wirecard UK and Ireland Limited.
- Card networks and payment schemes, such as Visa: to provide the pay2d card, account and associated services to you.
- Service providers and other affiliated third parties: to enable us to provide our services to you.
- Law enforcement, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities: to comply with law or regulation or in connection with proposed or actual legal proceedings or regulatory actions.
- Third party purchaser of our business: to continue providing the services to you if we sell any business or assets or if Wirecard or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party.
- Selected third parties, who may use your personal information to send you marketing messages, if you have agreed that they may do so.
Monitoring for quality assurance and training
Wirecard strives to ensure that the services it delivers to its customers are of the highest possible standard. With this aim in mind, it may sometimes be necessary for us to monitor telephone and e-mail communications between our employees and third parties for the purpose of quality assurance and training or as otherwise permitted by law. We will only ever conduct communications monitoring in compliance with applicable law, and will at all times continue to protect the privacy of your communications in accordance with this policy.
International transfers of personal information (including to outsourced service providers)
We may need to transfer your personal information to business partners, service providers and other Wirecard offices that are located in territories outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA“). For example, we may support pay2d card, account and associated services from centres such as the USA and India and we may process payments through other organisations such as banks, payment processors, card networks and payment schemes which are located outside of the EEA. By creating a pay2d card, account and services from Wirecard you explicitly consent to this. Please note that the legal regimes of some territories outside of the EEA do not always offer the same standard of data protection as those inside the EEA.
How we look after your personal information
We have in place what we believe to be appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised or unlawful use, and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. We put in place strict confidentiality agreements (including data protection obligations) with our third party service providers.
Cookie categories and guidelines
Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. This includes but is not limited to information regarding which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. Any information collected by these cookies is anonymous. We only use such information to improve our website.
Functionality cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make (such as your log in details) and customised preference settings (e.g. text size). Furthermore functionality cookies enable enhanced, more personal features, e.g. remembering which region you are in. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video, which is what we use them for on our website. Information collected by “functionality” cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Except as on our website wirecard-retail.de the “functionality” cookies on our website only collect anonymous information.
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies collect the in-formation about users as indicated at the specific cookie.
Cookies used by pay2d on pay2d landing page
This cookie remembers whether you accept non-functional cookies
Cookie Category: Functionality
Saved Data: yes
Term: 1 year
This cookie remembers which language you view the website
Cookie Category: Functionality
Saved Data: ISO 639-1 code
Term: 1 day
_ga (Google Analytics)
These Cookies give unique users a randomly chosen ID to track user, session and campaign data.
Cookie Category: Targeting
Term: 2 years
_gid (Google Analytics)
This cookie registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical information about how the visitor uses the website.
Duur: 1 dag
Cookies for measuring conversions and provides targeted offers on third party sites. The conversion information used is anonymous.
Term: 30 days
Cookies used by Wirecard on pay2d login page
This cookie is used to store information about the time when the user logged in to the Web UI. This is used to track the time after which the user will be logged out automatically and also to properly handle any page refresh the user might perform.
Cookie Category: Functionality
Saved Data: timestamp of the moment the user logged in
This is a standard session-id cookie that is created once the Web UI connects to the back end system and is used to uniquely identify the user. Once the user logs in to the system, the session created on the back end system will be used to securely store his credentials and the cookie will be used to facilitate secure identification of the user.
Cookie Category: Functionality
Saved Data: ID of the user session